Our Community Liaisons and Resource Specialists have lived or worked in the Charleston area for most of their lives, acting as dedicated public servants in a variety of roles. They have a vested interest in the communities and the people they serve. We invite you to learn more about them below. They welcome the opportunity to meet you so the project team may better understand the impacts of the I-526 Lowcountry Corridor WEST improvements on your community. We want to work together to successfully address them. Call or text them today (843.258.1135) to ask a question or schedule an appointment to visit the office!
Community Office Manager
- Education: ECMCA Morgan State University
- Attended Allen University
- Years of experience: 40
- Longtime resident of North Charleston
- Wrote and Implemented the Pre-Employment training Program for formerly the Cooper River Bridge Project later named the Ravenel Bridge.
- Managed the On-The-Job Training Program on that project
- Retired EEO/Diversity and Inclusion/Community Relations and Training Manager at Skanska U.S.A Inc.
- As a Manager at Skanska facilitated Inclusive Leadership sessions in Stockholm Sweden, London and several states in the U.S.
- Served many years as member of the Urban League Board of Directors in Hampton Roads Virginia.
- U.S. Army Veteran served in Viet Nam as Infantry. Received numerous awards including Two Bronze Stars of Valor, Air Medal and was honorably discharged
- Education: PhD Educational Administration and Supervision
Years of experience: 47
- CEO of Maximum Consulting Services, LLC, where she has led teams providing community outreach services for the Cooper River Bridge project (later named the Ravenel Bridge), the 1/2 cents sales tax transportation referendum for SCDOT and the SC Department of Health & Environmental Control (SCDHEC)
- Prior administrator for the City of Charleston and the Charleston County School District (CCSD)
- Prior teacher with CCSD, the College of Charleston, Trident Technical College and other area colleges
- Education: MA Social Sciences
- Years of experience: 20
- Charleston native who graduated from The Citadel – the Military College of South Carolina
- MAJ(P) in the SC Army National Guard, combat veteran and Bronze Star Medal recipient
- Experience working in senior governmental positions for the Obama/Biden Administration, Former Secretary Hillary Clinton, Senator Cory Booker, and Congressman Jim Clyburn
- Advocate for under-resourced communities through public service
MATTESE MILLER LECQUE
- Education: MS Health Services
- Years of experience: 30
- Retired Major (0-4) Medical Services Corp for United States Army Reserves and National Guard, served in Charleston, Connecticut, Georgia and Florida
- Retired United States Department of Justice from 1979-2003
- Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission member
- Burke High School graduate and current Burke High School Foundation Secretary
- Charleston Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. member
GWENDOLYN (GWEN) BOYD
- Education: Rivers High School diploma; studied office administration, Trident Technical College
- Years of experience: 20 / Insurance Sales Agent
- Licenses: property & casualty agent and life & accident insurance
- Member, Calvary Baptist Church, Charleston, SC
- Member, Charleston Farms Civic Group (since 2001)