Upcoming Public Involvement Opportunities
Public Information Meetings for the I-526 Lowcountry Corridor EAST are scheduled for October 26 and 27, 2021. Read below on how to participate online and in person.
More information on the I-526 LCC EAST PEL process can be found here.
The I-526 Lowcountry Corridor EAST Public Information Meeting is available online until December 1, 2021. ALL Public Information Meeting materials are available online below. Additional in-person opportunities to participate in the public information meeting include:
- Tuesday, October 26, 5-7 PM, R. L. Jones Center (391 Egypt Road, Mount Pleasant, SC)
- Wednesday, October 27, 5-7 PM, Felix C. Davis Community Center (4800 Park Circle, North Charleston, SC – CARTA Routes 13 & 104)
These drop-in Public Information Meetings will take place partially indoors and partially outdoors. These open house meetings will not have a formal presentation. The City of North Charleston requires masks inside their buildings. Masks are highly encouraged when they are not required. The COVID-19 conditions will be continually monitored. Check back here for updates. In accordance with current public health guidelines, temperature checks will be performed at all meetings. Anyone with a temperature of over 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the facility.
The purpose of the Public Information Meeting is to:
- Explain how YOUR input has been used to inform the concepts development and screening process
- Ask for your input on the Reasonable Alternatives
- Outline the next steps in the project development process
- Gather information on historic or cultural resources and any potential impacts
2020 Virtual Public Information Meeting
Located at 5627 Rivers Avenue (CARTA Route 10), in the heart of the project study area, the I-526 LCC Community Office is your place to meet one-on-one with the study team and connect with resource specialists such as right-of-way relocation experts. Our goal is to answer your questions about the study and how it may impact your home, business or daily commute.
Visit YOUR Community Office for information about:
Your input is important to us!
Learn how to Stay Informed.